Monday, December 5, 2011

My Dad's Response to My Christmas List...

Since I got out of college, I have been making an annual Christmas list. I finally figured out that if my family was going to spend money on me it might as well be on things that I want. Lets be honest- the year before I started my list I got around 5 items of clothing I have never worn to this day. Not that I'm not very appreciative of everything, but if you are going to spend the money I would like to give some helpful guidelines. Anyway just to show how hilarious my dad is...this is his response to my first Christmas list back in 2008. 




Dearest, Darling Kate:

The following is a link to the Wall Street Journal  www.wsj.com . I hate to be the one to break this to you but our  world, the United States, North Carolina, Snider Tire, and John and Carole Snider are in a recession.  Although your attempt to provide this economic stimulus is quite patriotic and shows how selfless you are, it may be difficult for us to get the financing necessary to purchase the items on your list. We also must run it through the whole naughty and nice testing to see what you are entitled to on the meager budget we have to work with.  Your dear mother has asked only for a battery charger to replace the one you left in New York so that we can use our camera again.  Thank you for taking the time to create this beautiful document and I suggest you save it for a time when we are again eating three meals a day.

Santa








Apparently he didn't understand that the list was a mere suggestion of things to pick and choose from... Obviously this year I have been very nice so I would think that any picking and choosing isn't really necessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment