Friday, April 1, 2011

Conversation with Carole (my mom)

My mom is trying to get to a fabric store called Calico Corners, she has left my dad stranded at Snider Tire in Charlotte where he has a 10:30 meeting. She is supposed to only go to Stark Carpet, which is basically where Carowinds is, so like 20 mins south---probably about 30 mins from Snider Tire. Of course she's going to take a detour first. All of this is supposed to happen during my dad's meeting that's over at lunch. The fabric store is also like 2 mins from my house, so I'm very familiar with the area. Especially the area around the mall...DUH. Most of you may not appreciate this, but this is classic Carole and I just felt I needed to share:

Carole: How do I get to Calico Corners?

Kate: where are you?

Carole: On barclay downs, passing some nice houses, just some cute subdivision

Kate: Ok have you passed the mall yet? I think you have gone too far and it will be on your left

Carole: No I've already passed the mall

Kate: Ok so you are coming towards me, stay going straight

Carole: No I need to turn around I'm not going the right way

Kate: Mom which side was the mall on?

Carole: It was on my left

Kate: Mom it was on your right if you are driving through houses, stay straight until the stoplight at runnymeade

Carole: OK but I think I need to turn around, ok I'm almost at the stoplight

Kate: Ok mom turn left at the stoplight onto runnymeade

Carole: No kate I need to turn Right I'm not going the right way, I need to go to Calico Corners

Kate: No mom you need to go left I promise, there will be a school on your right

Carole: Ok if you say so, ok so I'm taking a left

Kate: Ok So just stay in the left lane, pass over selwyn take a left on montford when you see a taco bell

Carole: Well we better be eating lunch because I'm hungry

Kate: Yes mom we're eating lunch, ok so stay straight until you PASS 15 North on your right and then right before Park Rd take a right into Duckworths

Carole: Ok...I'm passing Moosehead Grill (Then tells me everything she's passing) Which way do I turn?

Kate: Mom turn right into Duckworths

Carole: Ok I just turned right into Roadside Kitchen (also known as 15 North)

Kate: OK turn around slowly, go right out of the parking lot, then immediately right into Duckworths, then wind your way back towards Calico Corners

Carole: Ok I just see Palm Beach Tan, are you sure this is right?

Kate: Mom keep going back....

Carole: OH MYYYY GOODNESS! I would never have found this place!!!

Kate: Yes I know because you were going to go right at Runnymeade.

1 comment: