Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It started with the See n' Say...


Every once in a while I will have a random memory from my childhood. I am sitting on the floor at the first house I lived in playing with this round thing that talks... Since I was probably 2 or 3 at the time I didn't know much more than that. So the other night as I was thinking about this toy I started describing it to Frank. I finally was near a computer and I decided to google it. Well my google search went something like this "Late 1980's toy that is round where you pull a string and it talks." Let me just say that wasn't very helpful. So Frank realized what I was talking about and said you need to google "the cow says moo toy." Well sure enough I found one of my favorite childhood toys which I now know is called a "See n' Say." Did the fun stop there? Why no of course not, I then got on ebay and purchased one from the 80's. That's important because they still make them today but no I wanted one like I had. It's for Anne-Reaghan of course...

This led me to some other important discoveries from my childhood:

1) The opening credits of the show I had been describing to my parents forever. Here was my description "Mom I know you remember that show and there is a doctor and they are in a doctor's office and there is a nurse, and he runs on the beach with his dog."  Carole's response "Um no Kate I don't remember that show."   Well this time google was able to locate the show despite my rambling search and its called Empty Nest.



2) Not really a discovery but I came across a Big Red commercial in my search for the See n' Say...it was a happy memory.



Well as you can imagine, like any other normal person would do, I stayed up later than usual googling toys from my childhood and all things 80's. I've now included an 80's category because as most of you know I love the 80's and this will be the first of many 80's themed posts....

No comments:

Post a Comment