Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Favorite Toys Growing Up....

Make sure to read my post below on the See n' Say so that this is not completely random to you....

So after all the googling I came across some AWESOME toys from my childhood that I had completely forgotten about. Obviously there are tons of toys that I remember or had that aren't included. For the most part these are toys from the late 80's to early 90's. So I wasn't really playing with a skip-it yet, etc. I'm not going to spend a lot of time on each one but feel free to comment on any toys I left off or that you loved...

These are the ones I remember from when I was really young...

The Viewmaster

Fisher Price Record Player

Fisher Price Corn Popper....Not quite sure why someone would buy this for their kids, I'm sure I would think it was so obnoxious now.

My Little Pony...pretty sure that is the exact color I had.

Loved this awesome car....remember the red horn?...Later on I upgraded to a Barbie Jeep which you will see later in the post.

I LOVED my kitchen like this. I remember when I got this for Christmas it was AWESOME. However the only picture I could find is missing the awesome cordless phone and the 2 yellow chairs that went with the side table. It's really all you need in a kitchen.

Fisher Price Doctor's Kit

I'm pretty sure I had a couple of Care Bear stuffed animals, and of course I watched Care Bears a lot.

With all of the googling I realized I had a TON of dolls early on. It kind of surprised me because I remember having an American Girl doll (Samantha) and barbies, but I had completely forgotten about some of the earlier dolls I had.

Little Miss Singing Mermaid

I know I had a Cabbage Patch Kid but it was when I was so young I can barely remember which one, even though I think it was bald.

Who remembers these awesome cupcake dolls?! You flipped them and they looked like cupcakes and they smelled so good!

PJ Sparkles....she lit up.



Baby Alive...you fed her and she peed and you had to change her diaper.



Magic Nursery Baby...you didn't know the sex of the baby until you got home and put something in water I think? Or you sent papers in? Not really sure but something like that...
I also had a water baby, it was a doll that had an opening in the back that you literally filled with water. Lastly I had a "Baby Feels So Real" but wasn't able to find pictures of the water baby or Baby Feels So Real in the right format.

Random Toys:

I loved these. You could create your own outfits.



Littlest Pet Shop

Easy Bake Oven. I remember just making the brownie mix and wanting to eat that.

Thought that Lite Brite was great.

Puppy Surprise!! One of the best stuffed animals ever...you weren't sure how many puppies the mom had until you pulled them out!



Etch-a-sketch....crucial for car rides.

Magnadoodle...also crucial for car rides.

Candy Land...still play this with Anne-Reaghan and Taylor, but until they learn how to fairly play the game we aren't playing anymore.

Completely had forgotten about this game, but remember loving it

A classic.

I also played other games like Sorry, Operation, Clue and that one where you pull the teeth out of the alligator...but these were my favorites.

And now my most memorable toys...BARBIES.
I loved loved loved barbies. I had a barbie sleeping bag which got embarrassing as I got older but I kind of still wish I had it now...So here are the barbies that really stood out to me:

I remember getting Midge and her wedding party for my birthday one year when we were at the lake. Definitely one of the best presents ever.

What a beauty....Cassidy and I reminisced on this Barbie last night.

One of my all time favorite barbies. Pretty sure her name is "Barbie Totally Hair." I have plenty of great pics with this Barbie as a child that I will be scanning and sharing with y'all this weekend.

Baywatch Barbie...DUH. I know everyone watched Baywatch.

The only year I got Holiday Barbie... She was a beauty with all those crystals hanging off her dress. Of course I think with barbies like this you aren't supposed to take them out of the box, but I couldn't wait to get my hands on her hair and brush it.

I just remember those gold boots..

Glitter Hair barbie...pretty sure I cut her hair though...what a shame.

I got this awesome Barbie camper where my barbies lived. Of course I always wanted a Barbie Dream House as well but my dad said this was so hard to put together that he wasn't buying anymore barbie houses. Lucky for Kelley and I, Carole is an interior designer so we had this great Barbie house...

This is a Maitland Smith Bar Server. So it opens up and has glass shelves and is intended to be used as a bar or server, not as a Barbie house. While I'm sure many of you are thinking this is a pretty nice Barbie Dream House, at the time all I wanted was the pink house with the real Barbie furniture. (We had furniture miniatures from the showrooms--basically furniture models that are also very nice)

I also had a Barbie jeep and it was awesome. I cruised around Provincetown picking up all sorts of boys...yes I mean you Clay Maxwell and Charlie Walker. HAHA.

Anyway I know this is a long post, but I hope it made some of you happy to reminisce about your childhood toys!!

7 comments:

  1. 1. Barbie camper is the greatest Barbie home in the world.
    2. I LOVEDDDDDDDD the cupcake dolls. They smelled so good.
    3. Fashion Plates!!! I drew one like everyday I even made a catalog and had it bound together with all of my drawings!!! Ahhh this is making me miss childhood so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing list, I had almost everthing on this list growing up. Thank you for posting this it really brought back great memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your website rocks!
    Baby Alive is actually quite creepy. and i totally loved my pj sparkles

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! i had like all those toys!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I used to have all these toys! ( Except the Baby Alive, it's pretty scary )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember playing with my Barbie. It was a Queen of Germany. When I was about 8, I stopped liking Barbies.



    Btw, I'm 14 and still collect LPS.. is that stupid?

    ReplyDelete