Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hurricane Irene and I go to NYC...

 This post is obviously long overdue but since I haven't been very good about keeping up with my blogging recently I'm having to catch up. This would probably be better suited to facebook, but as y'all know I don't really put up albums so here ya go... Basically I had this awesome trip to NYC planned from Thursday-Monday because I was supposed to go to the Hamptons with Molly, Merrill, Ellen and Caroline, but Irene pretty much ruined our plans. Instead NYC shut down and we had to get creative. If nothing else we were stocked up on food and alcohol. Pretty sure we each purchased around 5-6 bottles of wine for what was supposed to be a week long lock down. Delta went ahead and cancelled my flight for Monday morning on Saturday and I had the pleasure of being up there for 5 nights....I couldn't have found a better group to spend it with though!

Day/Night 1: Magnus's Birthday Party
I must say that every time I get to hang out with Lib in NYC I'm always finding myself in really cool settings. On Thursday night Lib threw Magnus a birthday party in a penthouse suite at the Tribecca Grand Hotel. I was lucky enough to tag along with everyone and we had a blast.
Lib and Magnus...


We had so much fun in fact that some wine ended up in a bowl on the coffee table...


After the party Merrill, Molly and I decided to go have a few more drinks. Well those last couple of drinks led to Molly and I having quite an adventure on the way home...


Day 3: Day Drinking and A Dance Party

I didn't take any pictures on Friday (Day 2) but we did eat at a great restaurant named Peasant. Also on Friday Molly and I took a pedicab down 6th avenue (I think) to Central Park...by far one of the best times in NYC. We wanted to make sure we got some extra park time in just in case Irene destroyed everything. Anyway on Saturday, much to our dismay most things closed down around 12. So the few places that were open were packed. We had an awesome lunch at BarBossa where we immediately decided to start drinking. After lunch we made our way to Spring St. Lounge which was packed. After Spring St. Lounge we went to Gatsby's. At Gatsby's I took more shots during the day then I ever have. Things started to get crazy after that... After Gatsby's a large group headed to CP, Molly, Ellen and Laura's apartment for a hurricane party and spaghetti. While the party was fun, the real fun didn't start until everyone left and we had a late night dance party...


The sign outside of Joseph Leonard, it was too crowded for us to eat there.


Day drinking at Gatsby's...


Hurricane Irene apartment party.... Liz brought clothing to dress up in and fake tattoos...one of which I still have "hidden" in my purse. At some point during our party we had complaints from the neighbors, if only they had known what was in store for them late night.


Once everyone left, we had a huge dance party for a solid 3 hours singing along to Shania Twain, Tim McGraw, Eve 6, basically anything from high school.


We just got more and more into it as the night progressed...


Here's a sampling of what our dance party was like....I had to cut out some inappropriate stuff but you will get the idea...






After the dance party we decided to play in Irene. It was POURING down rain and there were absolutely no cars on the road. It was ideal...we even made some friends in the rain.

This is probably my favorite picture of the weekend...Molly and Charlotte in the street. Not sure how my camera survived this rain.

Back inside and in new clothes. This is right before we decided we needed to change out of our wet clothes so we could go back outside.

The girls that were smart and stayed inside took these pictures of us. At this point we took a bottle of wine down into the rain and shared it with some nice strangers we met.

Here we are just laying in the streets.

Day 4/5: The aftermath of Hurricane Irene
Luckily there wasn't too much damage in NYC. We were able to go to a great brunch on Sunday but I can't remember the name of the place. We spent most of the day drinking and watching movies. On Monday Caroline had the day off, so we were all about town. It was so pretty outside...perfect weather. Charlotte, Molly, Caroline and I had a great lunch at Pastis and did a little shopping. Caroline was so excited to be out on the town that she even curled her hair. She looked stunning.


Merrill came back in town and we went to an awesome dinner at Cornelia Street Cafe. I highly recommend this restaurant it was amazing! (Maybe I just needed some vegetables?) 


While at dinner Caroline shared this amazing picture with us. It's from this summer at Schwab's wedding when she went horseback riding. I can hardly believe that I'm friends with such a beauty. The picture below actually doesn't do it any justice because she refused to send me a copy, instead I had to take a picture of the picture. So if you want to really see the picture in all it's glory ask CP to email it to you, her email address is caroline.p.parker@gmail.com. 



Overall it was a great weekend! I just hope next time I go back the bars are open and the cabs are running! 


No comments:

Post a Comment