Friday, October 14, 2011

United Way...


This year I was put in charge of the United Way Campaign for Snider Tire. We kicked it off on Wednesday and I think it was pretty successful. I know that the employees at least enjoyed all of the snacks!! (12 dozen doughnuts later...) Anyway we had some great speakers come from The American Red Cross, The Salvation Army, Communities in Schools, Reading Connections, etc. At the beginning of this campaign I didn't know a whole lot about United Way. Basically United Way is an organization that is located in many different communities and provides support to the community through various charities and non-profits. They focus on improvements in education, income and health. Last year I did a little volunteer work with Communities in Schools in Charlotte, but this campaign just reminded me that I need to really focus on getting involved within the communities and helping others. Anyway I just wanted to encourage everyone to volunteer, every little bit helps. Even though I feel like most of our friends are very into volunteering so just keep up the good work! 

Here is a link to an article that I thought was really inspiring that was shared with us on Wednesday:  

http://www.news-record.com/content/2010/06/03/article/he_took_care_of_business


United Way website: www.liveunited.org 




No comments:

Post a Comment