Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Toyota Venza...

Last Saturday night/ Sunday AM a tree fell on Kelley's car.... (and totaled it)
Well I'm sure some of you are wondering how this affects me....

Since I'm an employee at STI, one of the many privileges is that I get to drive company cars. So being the nice sister I am I volunteered to let her drive my car thinking I would get to drive the Tahoe, which I love. But no, my sweet, sweet dad put the new STI vehicle on reserve...the Toyota Venza...


To quote Bob Carter, Toyota division group vice president and general manager,"This winning combination will be ideal for active ‘boomers' and young couples with small families." The winning combination is that it feels like a 5-passenger sedan while driving like an SUV. The good news is that this car has towing capability...so if you find yourself in need of a tow in the next few days, give me a call!

This brought me back to senior year of college when I begged Kelley to drive my jeep so I could drive Terrence the Taurus.
Terrence is no longer with us, but he had a good life. I drove him around NCSU for a couple of weeks, some of the best weeks of my life. My roommates and I painted him with car paint saying things like "Senior Gurlz 08" and "EK love." I know deep down there were a few people who were jealous of my "graduation present."


UPDATE:  Here's what Graham had to say:

 Graham:  please pick me up tomorrow
lets get slushies and buy lotto tickets and cruise
make a sound track
/cd - dont know why i said sound track

So if you want to join us, we have 3 extra seats.... along with "an important SUV attribute, cargo space." So bring your bags, your dogs, whatever, just come.


UPDATE 2:  Graham also thinks we should tailgate at Freedom Park... Please feel free to share any songs that should be on our Venza soundtrack.... If you drove a Venza what would you listen to?? In Terrence it was straight jamzzz....

UPDATE 3:   As Charlotte says "veni vidi venza" I couldn't have said it better!

1 comment:

  1. Pick me, pick me, pick me! I have a little stick figure family we can add to the back (including the sniders, frank and of course lucy). You don't know how excited I was to see Terrence. Trust me "I'm available," so give me a shout. You are one lucky lady to have Vanessa the Venza.

    KTC

    ReplyDelete