Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Royal Wedding Cake Cutting Party...

It all started on Thursday night when we had a going away party for Ashley. I usually do not head to the bar during the week but since it was a going away party and the night before the royal wedding, I simply HAD TO. I was a victim. I was over-served. I set my alarm for 3:59 AM. When I actually woke up to my alarm at 3:59, I knew that it was a sign- I was supposed to dedicate my day to the wedding. Since I'm not one to mess with fate I did what every one else would have done.... I made a wedding cake in William and Kate's honor and watched the wedding 3 times. Well if I was going to make a wedding cake, I obviously had to have a party...so the "Royal Wedding Cake Cutting Party" was born. Here came the next problem...it was 3PM and I wanted to have the party at 5:30 PM, but I hadn't talked to anyone about it. So Ashley and I discussed the best way to get out an invitation in such short notice, and it was decided since it would need to be electronic it would also need to be Paperless Post. Obviously evite wasn't fancy enough, after all it was a Black Tie Optional party. The invitation is below: (Couldn't have asked for a better invitation if I had planned it in advance!)


The funniest part of the whole party was the guest list. Unfortunately I clicked private as opposed to public so no one could see the list of guests....here are a few of the guests:

Andy Brantley
Graham Hunt
Trip Short
Alex McKenzie
Clarke Mansfield
Clay Maxwell
Tyler Murtaugh
Thomas Lagrega
Shaw Cornelson

Two of these people actually live in Charlotte and could possibly make it, but seriously I'm sure Clarke and Tyler were like WTF. Boys consider yourselves lucky.

A quick peek at the real royal wedding cake:
Someone obviously does this for a living so please keep that in mind.


I must say the cake tasted MUCH better than it looked...but it was my first time ever making a 7 layer cake so you have to start somewhere. Feel free to contact me about making your wedding cakes in the future! I'm sure I can find some great wedding toppers! Anyway it was a chocolate layer cake with vanilla buttercream icing- I will be posting the cake and icing recipe later-- seriously one of my favorite cakes!

So I went to Michaels looking for cake toppers (I had forgotten I even needed cake toppers until Kelley told me to go to Michaels to get one...). Anyway there were no "traditional" wedding cake toppers, and I was stuck with children's birthday cake toppers. Well here we have Dora playing Kate (both have brown hair) and a soccer "football" player playing William (both play "football"). I also found some nice crown candles....Overall it looked great...especially the shaved chocolate covering the cake.

Ashley and I cutting the cake in our attire...








WHO WORE WHAT:
Laurens 
Rebecca Jane
Kate
Anne
Mimi
Ashley

Dorothy

Anna

Pretty sure we are trying to make W's and K's for William and Kate...



                                                              Admiring my mock engagement ring...


The cake toppers:



By the end the cake was leaning....but it was yummy!


Marley also celebrated the royal wedding!!!

William and Kate found a new home on Cassie's window sill....

No comments:

Post a Comment