Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Anne-Reaghan and Taylor Come to Visit....

So it's been a while since I have posted... I promise to be better about it this month!!! It's been crazy every since Rebecca Jane's wedding!! I feel like I haven't had any free time.

One of the highlights of my summer so far is that Anne-Reaghan and Taylor came to visit (without their parents) last week! Basically "Crazy Aunt Kate" as I am referred to got to spend 8 hrs a day in the pool, and when we weren't in the pool I was a "short order" cook. I naively thought I would be able to take my laptop out by the pool and do work while they swam...HA HA HA. Anyway here are some pictures of our time... Don't worry about there being more AR pics then Taylor, he has plenty of video time on the video camera.

Funny Stories from my week:

1) Late one afternoon (in hopes they would take a nap HAHA) we were watching Nick Jr. when an infomercial came on for stretch mark cream... I'm minding my own business when Taylor says "Hey Kate- do you have stretch marks?? Because if you do you can order this cream in the next five minutes for a special price." They really know how to make you feel good about yourself...

2) Taylor pushed Anne-Reaghan under the water one day and obviously AR didn't like that at all. So when she came up she was crying. My mom said "What's wrong?" Expecting her response to be "Taylor pushed me under the water" we were quite surprised when she said "My beautiful hair is wet and it doesn't look beautiful anymore," and then "I need to comb my hair so it's beautiful" all through tears...

3) Anne-Reaghan slept in my bed every night. She was usually asleep by the time she was put in my bed, but one night she was awake and refused to sleep in there. She told me and my mom that my room wasn't beautiful enough. She told my mom she needed to paint my room pink, change my curtains and add more pink. (This all started because I refused to sleep in AR's room bc it doesn't have a TV) Well AR's room has twin beds, it's pink, it has flowers, there are "beautiful pillows", etc. Well Marmi found a pink comforter for my bed, and AR insisted on moving all the pillows from her room to my room in order to make it more beautiful for sleeping.....SASSY!

Here are some of the pics...

Everyday we had to debate why we needed to wear life jackets... It really changes the whole babysitting thing when there is a pool to worry about...

If these faces don't show you how crazy and wild these two are then just take it from me they are CRAZZZYYYY.... kids have so much energy

Taylor didn't ham it up for the camera as much as AR did...

The first couple of days AR was obsessed with "Ducky" but then by the end she didn't think it was cool to use a float...fine by me because I loved using it!

By the end of the week Taylor wasn't using his life jacket to swim! Which isn't a big deal to us in the south but growing up in Canada you are more concerned about ice skating then swimming...

AR probably changed bathing suits 5 times a day...

Jumping in the deep end

AR was mad about something I can't remember exactly what..

For all of you who made fun of me for getting the "See N' Say"- It was a hit!! However they didn't quite understand why it couldn't go in the pool...

At least she was concerned about the See N' Say's safety...

Yes she had me take a picture of her "beautiful" pony tail so she could see how it looked in her hat...love that she posed for the picture

And one from the front... Anne-Reaghan calls everything beautiful....such as "my beautiful dress, my beautiful skin.."

Pretty sure 3 year olds shouldn't drink Diet Coke, but as the kids refer to it they are in "Marmi's world" which would be my mom...

Just relaxing by the pool

Posing again...

I bought AR some hot pink jellie shoes and she thought they were beautiful....they were especially cool because they could be worn in the pool

If you haven't noticed yet...AR is obsessed with pink...which is why she insisted on using the pink raft..

Such a lush at an early age....JK....AR decided to use flower wine glass things for rings...They are now in Canada because she thought Marmi had bought them for her...

On the way to the hot tub...


I made the mistake of taking them to Target...However PJ (my dad) kept stealing their water guns so we had to go buy more. By the end of the week I'm pretty sure we had around 12. Anyway while at Target we had to get new bathing suits...DUH. So Taylor got a shark one and AR got a Disney princess one.

She didn't want any help putting her life jacket on...

Right before AR realizes her water gun is a lot smaller than Taylor's...

Taylor's water gun...

Anne-Reaghan loved hoarding the water guns...Here she is trying to take Taylor's...let's just say that Marmi showed up with the exact same one for AR...

One of the few pics I have with AR... AR is OBSESSED with Lilly Pulitzer dresses....OBSESSED.

Wearing our really cool sunglasses...AR is very into fashion and everyone being beautiful...by the end of the week I had taught her a new word "gorgeous" which I told her means "really, really beautiful"

No comments:

Post a Comment