Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 3... China

*Frank said the pictures aren't working I will try again tomorrow (my time). For now I will stop posting because it won't be that interesting without the pictures.*

So we made it through our first full day... I have decided to split up the posts. This one will be dedicated to some pictures (just a few) that I got around the city and then I will post about DaVinci....which occupied pretty much our whole day.

*Pictures may not be great, because I'm not allowed to insert them...I'm having to copy and paste. The internet is very censored here.

We woke up this morning and it was sunny, which was great! Here's one of the views from our hotel room:


Since I'm with Carole of course we got up and worked out. Then I was a little concerned about what we would eat for breakfast, because as most of you know if I don't eat I'm not sweet. So luckily they had a pretty normal breakfast (I mean there were some weird things but I didn't go near those). Here is a quick picture of my breakfast:



Fried eggs, Belgian waffle and pineapple. The Belgian waffle was delish! Tasted just as good as the ones you get at the street vendors in Belgium! I know it looks like a lot but I know better than to let myself get hungry- wasn't sure what the schedule would be.

Random pictures (through the cab window) around Shanghai...







Entrance to a sculpture park...


There are lots of bikers everywhere....and they will run over you. It's strange because you will see small children on the back of the bikes and you just wonder how they are still holding on...



We are staying in the area known as The French Concession. There are a lot of pretty trees and it's fairly quiet. Below are some pictures.



There are the prettiest flowers here!! Bouquets of flowers everywhere in buildings!

Road where we ate tonight...


Inside the restaurant where we ate tonight called Dakota. You can't tell by the picture but it was very cool and very swanky inside. That's Werner, one of the top guys (at least I believe he is) at Theodore Alexander.


We really worked for most of the day, about 9am-7pm, so we didn't have time for any sight seeing. Hoping we get everything done tomorrow so we have time on Friday! But we met tons of very nice people....

No comments:

Post a Comment