Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Romantics

While I was perusing through the Redbox the other night at Harris Teeter I came across The Romantics. I had completely forgotten about this movie and thought I should definitely give it a try. It's about a group of college friends who come together for Lila (Anna Paquin) and Tom's (Josh Duhamel) wedding. They have been dubbed the Romantics because at some point or another they have all dated or slept together. Each character has his/her own agenda but the main story focuses around Laura (Katie Holmes) and the fact that she and Tom dated for 4 or 5 years. She is still in love with him and throughout the movie you are wondering where this will lead to. The rest of the cast includes Malin Akerman, Jeremy Strong, Candice Bergen, Adam Brody (love seth cohen), Elijah Wood, Dianna Argon and Rebecca Lawrence.


The above picture is from a photo shoot the cast did for J.Crew

The movie didn't get great reviews. However, I loved it. I don't know if I was in the mood for this type of movie, a little Indie and a little artsy, but I loved it. I thought the cast was awesome and I loved the music. It has been compared to St. Elmo's Fire and The Big Chill, both of which I also love. It's a little depressing to some (Frank specifically...) but I thought it was passionate and great. For those of you who know me well, you know I love a good love story (even if it is far-fetched) and I'm a sucker for passion. So I don't know if my friends will like it or not, I could see Caroline, Jane Andrews and Molly really enjoying it or really hating it, but I recommend it to my girl friends, if for nothing else then the scenery and music.

Some songs from the movie:
1) Betray by Son Lux
2) Girls Aren't Supposed to by Lorene Scafaria
3) We Can't be Friends by Lorene Scafaria
4) Brutal Hearts by Bedouin Soundclash (My favorite!!)
5) Preparedness by The Bird and The Bee
6) This Will Be Our Year by The Zombies (also love this song!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment