Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Birthday Presents

This post will only be interesting to those of you from Greensboro.

So last night, as usual, I went from point A to point G without any of the in between. As I was lying in bed I was thinking "you know what Charlotte needs...a good gift shop" because I have some birthdays coming up and I need some trinkets. Of course, like all of you fellow Greensboro natives, the first two places that immediately popped into my head were Ivy Lane and Flamingo Road Ltd. Ivy Lane was my go to for beanie babies, jewelry, awesome round candles (the kind that are all wax and decorated in like tie-dye designs), etc.


                                            Not actually Ivy Lane...but you get the idea.

Then there was Flamingo Road Ltd. I loved this place because every time my dad made us go to the Fresh Market (it used be such a chore!!) we got to go to Flamingo Road as well. I would always look for awesome fish or parrot earrings (yeah that's right I got my ears pierced when I was 3), or if I was feeling adventurous I would read the "dirty" greeting cards...


So the good news is that according to this website, Ivy Lane is still on State Street. I do actually think there may be a Flamingo Road on Friendly that I will definitely be checking out next time I'm in Greensboro...a little investigative reporting if you will. And that will be on Thursday....so check back in Friday for any updates! As for those of you with February birthdays...well you can only hope that Flamingo Road is still in business!
http://www.greensboroataglance.com/list_gift_shops.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment