Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Blowing Rock...

So Blythe and Matt's wedding was in Blowing Rock. It was AWESOME. The weather was great and I hadn't seen my friends in what felt like years. Thank you China. Anyway I was a victim on Friday night and was overserved by the bartender. Unfortunately this led to a bad case of the "bird flu" as my dad calls it on Saturday... (Too much grey goose...). So no pictures from my camera, unfortunately that doesn't stop them from being on facebook. I will not even share stories from Friday because I have so much anxiety. So on to Saturday.... Here are some pictures that pretty much summed up the weekend.


                                                    This is the beautiful face I woke up to...

If you don't know Ashley Shaw, you should immediately find a way to become friends with her. She has instantly become not only one of my best friends but one of Charlotte's funniest people. Anyway being from Dallas and having gone to Alabama she hasn't discovered some of North Carolina's finest...so she may thank us for officially making it our duty to introduce her to the important things in life such as Moravian Sugar Cake, Grandfather Mountain, Concord Mills, etc. On Saturday Rebecca Jane, Ashley Lewis, Dorothy, Ashley Shaw and I took a day trip that won't soon be forgotten. Here is our adventure from Blowing Rock to Grandfather Mountain....

Bec driving as we listened to the same cd over and over and over...and every time said "I LOVE this song!!" 

Just hanging out in traffic.

So apparently it was the Highland Games in the mountains...there was a marathon going on. It was supposed to take us 15 minutes to get to Grandfather...it took us around 45-50 minutes. AWESOME. 

We provided music for all the runners, I'm pretty sure that Lil' Wayne's "Hot Revolver" was a crowd favorite. 

Lucky for us the speedometer remained around 0 mph....so I guess we were going around 2 mph and we were able to capture some great shots like this billboard above. The longest 200 yards of our life.

Once we got to Grandfather we had NO idea we had to pay to go to the Swinging Bridge. Then we got out of the car and all immediately about fell over. Learn from our mistakes-- When hungover it's never a good idea to go to a higher elevation. 


Not sure how this picture ended up at this angle but I'm pretty sure it had to do with the fact that I was leaning sideways and convinced at the time that gravity ceased to exist. 

There were a few families that walked by wondering if we would be ok, we passed them on the trail later... we showed them.

Ashley S, Bec and I decided to hike from the parking lot to the swinging bridge....a strenuous 0.4 mile hike. I don't know if I have ever felt closer to passing out... 

REALLY happy to be hiking.

Bec found a cave, but refused to go in and look for us. We also tried to convince her to "take on for the team" and break a bone.... We were just trying to prove to the Reigels that Bec can break a bone during the day without drinking.

The Swinging Bridge... I didn't make it on more than about 2 feet.... let me tell you- hungover with major anxiety from the night before doesn't mix well with height and swinging bridges. Bec got glared at for "swinging" the bridge.

Dor with the view in the background, but it was foggy and cloudy. Actually perfect weather for the state we were all in.

Basically thinking "Get us out of here."

Right before we headed to the car....keys in hand.

Had to document Ashley's trip to Grandfather Mountain, she has now crossed that off her list.

The next picture demonstrates how hungover we were. After a miscommunication (Ashley S and Dorothy!!!!!) we finally made it to lunch. By this point no one was really talking. We ordered a basket of fried okra, a basket of fries and a basket of crackers for an appetizer.....

Unfortunately this is the last picture I have before the wedding. However, earlier in the morning we had considered going wine tasting. Ashley S suggested we go "vineyarding" at various restaurants in town after our hike. Needless to say countless bottles of wine were consumed among other things and we were in rare form by the time the wedding rolled around. Here are some of the pictures from the wedding  (obviously skipping Blythe and Matt because they were happy and there is no reason to include them in the debauchery of what happened on Saturday night...)

Mimi!!!

The Pontons...obviously early in the evening.

At this point Frank had played 18 holes of golf, and lets just say he had a beer every hole. Notice the glasses sliding off the face. He may win MVP in my book for Saturday night.

All very happy to be there.

Getting ready to head to the dance floor.

The Shaws...also obviously early on in the evening...at least it appears that way HAHAHA.

Amazed that we look this sober in this picture.

Pictures starting to sum up how the night went...

Not sure if Frank is angry but I'm guessing just confused.

Mimi consoling Frank.

Jeff and Meggie were cracking me up...There are actually about 10 more pictures to this sequence that will be put on facebook.

Meggie, understandably so, wants a piggy back ride...

And Jeff...what a trooper

Pretty sure this is right after I told Jeff what a catch I thought he was....


Later at the bar...


Bec stole the banjo player's hat, and joined the band with her tambourine. Blythe and Matt passed out AWESOME tambourines that lit up....They were a hit at the wedding. I fully intend on copying this idea.

On Sunday I was convinced that Bec was drinking a bottle of Vodka in this picture but now I can see that Ashley and Bec are just making sweet music with their tambourines...

Kelly Robbins had an AWESOME hairdo at the wedding. It was this BEAUTIFUL braid. After talking to her for about 5 minutes about it she braided my hair....I wish more than anything I had a picture of my braid. I refused to take it out Saturday night and it was still there on Sunday. YAYYY.


The Shaws: 



Apparently Rebecca Jane made some new friends and went to a farm with this lady and then ran to the hotel. Not sure what to believe but she did have a piece of glass in her foot that she refused to let Ashley and I get out.


Overall we had a great weekend!

*I had to alter my post to make it less embarrassing for some people. Frank wasn't happy and is officially off limits on the blog. But I will continue to tell/share any embarrassing stories or pictures of my friends. No need to worry only like 10 people read this blog.*









No comments:

Post a Comment