Monday, July 18, 2011

The Lincoln Lawyer...

Last night I watched The Lincoln Lawyer. I had wanted to see it while it was in theaters but unfortunately never made it. I was a little skeptical because I had never seen Matthew McConaughey in such a serious role. However, I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to guys and girls. I must admit that my anxiety level was high at points but there were lots of unexpected twists, and the story moved quickly.




Matthew McConaughey plays Mick Haller, a defense lawyer who works out of his Lincoln. When Louis Roulet, played by Ryan Phillipe, is accused of raping a prostitute he hires Haller to defend him. Since Roulet is a wealthy realtor he claims that the prostitute is setting him up in order to get money out of him. As things unfold Haller realizes that this may be linked to an old case of his. 
Marisa Tomei plays Maggie McPherson, Mick Haller's ex-wife and love interest. She looks beautiful in the movie and did a great job!

Matthew McConaughey and Ryan Phillipe

Bob Gunton (who plays Cecil Dobbs, the Roulet family attorney), Ryan Phillipe, Matthew McConaughey and William H. Macy  (who plays Frank Levin, basically Haller's best friend and investigator)

I really enjoyed this movie as well. It was full of unexpected twists which kept it fast-paced and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment