Thursday, March 31, 2011

Vegas Withdraw...

Not only have I been a little grumpy since I got back from Vegas, I have also been in withdraw. Apparently I picked up a gambling problem while out in Vegas. I stuck to the slots, roulette and blackjack, but when I got back I started watching late night poker on TV. So to feed my addiction Frank brought a poker set over last night for us to play after dinner. Throughout the day I got emails from Frank saying things like "Do you play for the river cards usually?" and "I personally prefer seeing the flop." Well lets just say I'm not going to let someone walk all over me and be condescending. So I did what anyone in my situation would have done, I phoned a friend. I texted my cousin Graham and said "look Frank's talking about a river and some flop and I don't think he means he's going to belly flop into a river." So Graham was like ok here is what you respond "I catch cards on the turn, river is for losers. Also your 2 7 off suit doesn't cut it anymore." Well that shut him up. And not to brag but I WON! I LOVE GAMBLING AND I LOVE POKER!! We didn't play for money though, Frank refused. Now I see why...I'm AWESOME.

Looking in the card box and realizing there are no cards! Luckily I found some NCSU ones.

We had to take turns being dealer because there were just 2 of us. I'm pretty sure he made up some rules though, like "burning" cards. I mean really?!? Please notice my poker gear: glasses, fancy earrings (you can't see), bangles and fancy scarf. I would like to note that I put back on my workout clothes with accessories after dinner...so much for trying to look nice.

Another great action shot of me shuffling.

Frank shuffling.

The cards and chips.

The sheet I stole from Snider Tire that tells me the ranking of all the hands.

A close up...I was in a Snider Tire "poker tournament" this year (my first time ever playing!!!) and I came in 6th! Out of probably like 75 people. I should mention we weren't playing for money just prizes. However, I should also mention I got to have Frank as a partner since I had never played. But next year I'm going to be on fire, since I plan to make poker a weekly occurence.

So this is my awesome hand of the night. I bet Frank 60 "dollars" and he thought I was bluffing but noooo I wasn't...forget what it's called but I had a 10, J, Q, K, A and I took all of his 10 dollar chips!!:)

I am a little superstitious when it comes to gambling. I decided I would feel luckier with a topsi-tail. And I won.

Poker Face.

All my chips.

After we finished....I had way more...Red and black chips were 1 dollar, blue chips were 5 dollars and green chips were 10 dollars.

Frank showing good sportsmanship.

No comments:

Post a Comment